With the new year and celebrations that have just ended, most of us are probably still trying to recover from holiday mode and having difficulties distinguishing what day of the week it is. Unfortunately for us, there are still due dates in January that we need to be aware about for our upcoming tax obligations. Here are some of the dates below which you may need to know about regarding your taxes:
Tuesday 15th January, 2019
Tax returns due for taxable large or medium sized entities as per the latest year lodged (all entities required other than individuals). Payment is also required for large or medium sized entities who have a January 15th due date as stated on your Notice of Assessment.
Lodgment for tax returns for the taxable head company of a consolidated group, including new registrants that has a member who has been deemed either a large or medium entity in the latest year lodged are also due.
Monday January 21st, 2019
All activity statements are due for lodgment for the following:
- Goods and Services Tax, Wine equalisation tax and luxury car tax for monthly Goods and Services Tax reporters
- Any Pay-as-you-go amounts withheld from payments during October 2018 to December 2018 by small scale pay-as-you-go with holders who are not deferred Business Activity Statement payers.
- Any Pay-as-you-go amounts that have been withheld from payments during December 2018 by medium sized pay as you go with holders that are not deferred Business Activity Statement payers.
- Any Pay-as-you-go amounts for December 2018 by monthly pay-as-you-go instalment payers who are not deferred Business Activity Statement Payers.
- the second pay-as-you-go instalment for the 2018/2019 Financial year by quarterly pay-as-you-go instalment payers who are not deferred Business Activity Statement payers.
- the third instalment of any Fringe Tax Benefits for the year ending March 31st, 2019 for employers that are not deferred Business Activity Statement payers.
Monday January 28th, 2019
Despite this date being a public holiday (in lieu of Australia Day), this is also the due date for any superannuation guarantee contributions for October 2018 to December 2018 quarter.
Tuesday January 29th, 2019
Superannuation due date for reporting any transfer balance account event that occurred between October 2018 to December 2018 via the transfer balance account report or TBAR for Self-managed Superfunds with any of its members having a total superannuation balance greater than $1 million Australia.
Thursday January 31st, 2019
Due date for investment bodies to lodge Tax File Number reports for any investments made during October 2018 to December 2018 quarter where Tax File Numbers have been quoted.
Not sure what to do with these due dates? Or you require an agent to help you out? Book a consultation with one of our specialists today! http://calendly.com/taxideas